The Rosen Publishing Group provides schools of all levels, grades PreK–12, with resources that support academic and independent reading through digital and print programs. Our high-interest, leveled standards-based content supports foundational literacy, writing, word study, and personalized learning through various platforms and programs.
PreK-3 Foundational Literacy
Rosen LevelUp is an adaptive reading platform that brings educators and students to one robust resource to foster students’ foundational literacy development. Supporting small group, whole class, and individualized practice, Rosen LevelUp provides a personalized experience to promote and track the successful acquisition of key reading skills. The adaptive platform includes over 2,400 high-interest authentic fiction and nonfiction titles and intuitive educator tools to motivate and engage students for skill-building and literacy growth.
- 700+ Spanish and bilingual texts
- Scope and sequence phonics resource (with 250+ printable activities and writing practice sheets)
- Ongoing assessments, progress monitoring, and reporting of over 100 data points at the district, school, class, and student levels
- Actor narration to model fluency
- Badge scan login
- Adaptive personal libraries on interest and reading levels
- All books are printable
- Engaging student gaming environment that does not distract from learning goals
- Find titles correlated to the Vermont ELA standards (and literacy skills)
The Most Adaptive 3rd-12th Grade Reading Experience
The Rosen-LightSail platform personalizes the reading experience for students. Starting with an initial assessment, Rosen-LightSail automatically aligns each of your student’s libraries based on their reading abilities and interests. With embedded Lexile® assessments and continuous progress monitoring, educators are provided information essential to schools’ data-driven, results-oriented commitment to individual student achievement. There are over 6000 books of award-winning content covering all content areas.
The Content Builder functionality empowers educators and curriculum developers to import and Lexile relevant texts and websites, create assessments across subject areas, and align to Vermont curriculum standards.
Our Personalized Reader module includes 60+ options to personalize the reading experience for students with Dyslexia, ADHD, Autism, visual impairments, auditory impairments, and our mind-wandering students.
The Fluency Builder module adds exciting new functionality to Rosen-LightSail for the quick and reliable creation of customized reading, writing, listening, and speaking tasks to accurately monitor literacy growth for each student.
Rosen-LightSail brings to students the best high-interest and curriculum-aligned titles,
complete with embedded formative assessments that engage students and adapt their reading experience to build stamina and ensure growth.
Embedded Cloze Assessments
Cloze assessments allow monitoring of a student’s Lexile® measure, helping identify where that student is on the spectrum of reading comprehension.
Multiple Choice & Short Answer Response
In addition to Cloze assessments, multiple choice and short answer response assessments provide teachers with additional insight into students’ reading comprehension abilities.
Rosen-LightSail provides teachers with exemplar-based rubrics and rationales in order to facilitate grading and provide students with quality, actionable feedback.
Meet Teen Social & Emotional Needs
For over a decade, the award-winning Teen Health & Wellness provides middle and high school students with up-to-date, nonjudgmental, straightforward curricular, and self-help support. Articles are correlated to Vermont state and national standards, including Common Core Health and Science. Teen Health & Wellness allows for unlimited, multi-user, simultaneous access.
- Topics covered include COVID-19, depression, racism, mindfulness, vaping, body shaming, bullying, gender identity, opioid abuse, sexual consent, school safety, suicide, and more
- ”View Transcript“ feature allows users to see closed captions for all videos
- EasyBib and NoodleTools citation tools allow users to generate article citations in MLA, APA, and Chicago formats
- Foreign language read-aloud feature allows users to translate article text and listen in Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
- 24/7 access to customizable teen hotlines, helplines, and text lines
- Text-to-Speech and enhanced text visibility ensures all learners can read and succeed
- Instant Translation into over 100 languages, including Spanish, French, Chinese, Russian, Arabic, Korean, and more
- Authentic teen voices: students can share personal stories and video created by teens
- FREE Teen Hotlines mobile app for 24/7 access to teen hotlines, helplines, and websites on iOS devices and Android tablets
- Use on any device: iOS, Android, and Chromebook compatible