Vita-Learn Individual Member Professional Development Reimbursement Program
In accordance with Vita-Learn’s mission to promote and support the use of information technology to transform Vermont education through the provision of professional development, training and networking opportunities, individual Vita-Learn members, who have held membership for at least 90 days, are invited to apply for assistance in the form of reimbursement on qualifying technology professional development opportunities.
Individual membership must be active for at least 90 days (3 months) prior to applying for PD reimbursement funds.
What professional development activities qualify?
The training may be in the form of a conference, workshop, a one or more day seminar, university course, online course or combination thereof connected to K12 education technology work. Vita-Learn will reimburse individuals for course, registration fees, course materials, lab fees, travel, hotel, meals and other similar costs associated with the professional development activity up to the annual $400 limit per member. Reimbursement is limited to one approved activity per Vita-Learn membership year for each member.
NOTE: Vita-Learn sponsored professional development are eligible for PD reimbursement
Note that only individual Vita-Learn members, who at the start of their professional development activity have held a Vita-Learn membership for at least 90 days, may apply for reimbursement. The staff of Institutional members are not eligible for PD reimbursement unless they have a current individual Vita-Learn membership.
How much funding is available to me?
Vita-Learn members with current Individual Vita-Learn memberships are invited to apply for up to $400 per year for professional development reimbursement. Please note that a limited funding amount is budgeted by the Board of Directors for the reimbursement program annually from July 1st through June 30th of the following calendar year. The end date of the professional development activity determines which year’s funds will be available. Funding will be provided on a first-apply basis until the budgeted funds are all allocated. Funding is intended to augment, not supplant district professional development funding. Please seek local district professional development funds first! Apply early!
How do I apply?
- First, are you a member? Your membership must be current when submitting your application.
- Secondly, you need to have held an individual membership for at least 90 days prior to the start of the professional development activity to be eligible for the benefit.
- Thirdly, your application must be received at least one month prior to the start date of the professional-development activity to allow sufficient time for review.
- Finally, you must include with your application a signed copy of this certification form.
How do I receive reimbursement?
Within 60 days of the completion date of your professional-development activity, complete these required steps:
- Please download this form and attach it to your documentation. You’ll need:
- Proof of completion of activity (grade report, workshop certificate, etc.)
- Proof of personal payment for activity (photocopy of canceled check or credit card receipt)
- Submit the following documentation to Vita-Learn using this online survey.
The Vita-Learn Individual Member Professional Development Reimbursement Program permits reimbursement only to individual members and not to school districts
- Complete a brief survey regarding your professional development activity. The survey and the documentation upload are all in the same tool.
Once proof of completion and proof of personal payment are received/approved and the survey has been completed, Vita-Learn will then issue a reimbursement payment to the applicant.
NOTE: Submitting documentation for reimbursement is the step most-often forgotten. Applicants who do not submit required documentation within 60 days forfeit their funding, and funds are returned to the pool and becomes available to other Vita-Learn members.