The Vita-Learn Digital Educator Grant provides up to $1750 that may be used toward ISTE Certification Course tuition, ISTE Live conference registration, and travel expenses incurred to attend ISTE Live.
Who: Innovative teachers who wish to expand their digitally-empowered teaching skills and leadership
What: Grant funding from Vita-Learn to support ISTE Certification course tuition and other associated costs
Where: Online and at home on your schedule plus conferences including Vermont Fest @Killington Grand Resort Hotel (Nov 2023), Dynamic Landscapes @Champlain College (May 2023), ISTE Live @Philadelphia, PA (June 2023)
When: Weekly online office hours with ISTE Certification course facilitators and time on your own, at your pace. Approx 40 hours (14 weeks) of work to complete the course. The cohort opens online December 28, 2022.
How: Apply now! Application deadline, November 30, 2022.
As a grantee, you agree to the following:
- Register, participate, and complete the ISTE Certification Course cohort scheduled to begin December 2023. Kick off gatherings are scheduled in-person at Vermont Fest, November 18 or virtually December 13. Online coursework begins December 28, 2022.
- Complete your ISTE Certification portfolio and earn your ISTE Certification.
- Prepare and present one workshop session at Dynamic Landscapes, May 2023 and one workshop session at Vermont Fest, November 2023. As a presenter, your conference registration for that day is waived. The ISTE Certification course facilitators and Vita-Learn Executive Director will provide you with consultation and support toward the development of your workshop. Conference presentations are part of the portfolio work necessary to complete your ISTE Certification.
- Prepare and submit one workshop session proposal to ISTE for ISTE Live, June 2024 (submissions due late September 2023). If accepted, Vita-Learn will provide an additional grant of up to $1000 to offset travel expenses for ISTE Live 2024 (Denver, CO).
- Maintain an active Vita-Learn membership ($20/year).
Funds are dispersed as reimbursements as per the following:
Up to $750 toward
- ISTE Certification Course Tuition upon completion of certification portfolio.
- Documented travel expenses for attendance to 2023 ISTE Live conference in Philadelphia, PA.
- Documented ISTE Live conference registration costs.
- Documented travel expenses and registration fees for Vita-Learn annual conferences.
An additional $1000 travel grant if your ISTE Live 2024 (Denver) conference proposal is accepted!