Vita-Learn is partnering with the Collaborative for Educational Services (CES) to provide professional development services to Vita-Learn members.
ISTE Certification Training for Educators
ISTE Certification for Educators is the only vendor-neutral, internationally recognized credential for educators who have demonstrated mastery of the ISTE Standards for Educators. ISTE Certification focuses on pedagogy, not on tools or devices, and is designed to change your educational practice.
In this course, you will:
- Explore technology integration models to maximize the impact of instruction;
- Explore strategies to personalize learning that fosters independence and accommodates learner needs;
- Explore digital learning environments such as online or blended learning models and identify best practices within each model;
- Learn how to develop and provide alternative assessments;
- Design learning activities that empower learners with digital citizenship skills;
- Understand the skills necessary to advocate for equitable access and create personalized and authentic learning experiences for all students;
- Reflect on current practice and brainstorm new strategies to deepen application of the ISTE Standards in practice.
CES is a Certification Authorized Provider of the ISTE Certification Course. By taking this course with CES, you will have access to dedicated support from your ISTE Instructors, including weekly office hours all the way through your portfolio phase (and beyond). Your instructors are vetted and trained by ISTE, are experts in their field and demonstrate a deep understanding of the ISTE Standards in practice. In addition, you can join the CES online community of learners for ongoing conversations around the ISTE Standards and their impact on your professional practice.
Classroom teachers, Librarian/Media Specialists, Technology Educators, Tech Integrationists, Instructional Coaches and Administrators; Grades K – 12
Upon completion of the online course:
- Participants may choose to receive 2 graduate credits for an additional cost of $130 through ISTE’s partnership with Dominican University in California.
- Educators in Massachusetts are eligible to receive 45 PDPs at no additional cost. 1 PDP = 1 hour of professional development for Vermont Educators.
Upon successful completion of the Portfolio:
Participants may choose to receive 2 graduate credits for an additional cost of $130 through ISTE’s partnership with Dominican University in California.
The cost of this training is normally $825 for non-member districts. For Vita-Learn districts, the cost is $750. During registration:
- Select Non-Member District
- At checkout use coupon code: Vita-LearnISTE2022 to ensure you receive this special pricing.
Contact Angela Burke firstname.lastname@example.org for group pricing or to bring the ISTE Certification to your school or district.
Dates and Registration
This fully online course will include five virtual sessions (2 hours each) as well as 14 weeks of online course work. For cohort start and end dates, online registration, and more, please visit the Collaborative’s website.